Sunday, April 19, 2009

Forgiven

Forgiven – is the new series at Roane Church. Last week we looked into how God has forgiven us and set us free and now we continue this by approaching forgiveness that comes through our hurts and how we can forgive others. This is a tough subject to teach where many people will definitely think “if they only knew”. People have real hurts and pain but there is no reason for that hurt to make them into a bitter person. We are wading into this issue and asking people to simply consider where they are. Here are some questions to ask:

• I often replay in my mind the incident(s) that hurt me.
• When I think of a particular person or situation, I still feel angry.
• I try hard not to think about the person, event, or circumstance that caused me so much pain.
• I have a subtle, secret desire to see this person pay for what he or she did to me.
• Deep in my heart, I wouldn’t mind if something bad happened to the person(s) who hurt me.
• I often find myself telling others how this person has hurt me.
• A lot of my conversations revolve around this situation.
• Whenever his or her name comes up, I am more likely to say something negative than something positive about him or her.

I struggle in this area and have kept these questions for several years to bring out and put in front of God as a check in my life. I would encourage everyone in light of Easter to realize all that God has forgiven.

Matthew 18 'I canceled all that debt of yours because you begged me to. 33Shouldn't you have had mercy on your fellow servant just as I had on you?'

Spend time today looking at all the ways that He has forgiven you. Come to Roane Church and approach with us this idea of “forgiven” and all that it means. See you Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment