Monday, May 11, 2009

You talking about my Mamma?

How do you feel about Mother's Day? Some people love this day and others wish the day was never on the calendar. I am not sure where you are on this but I am so glad that God values Women and desires to empower them with His grace.
We looked at four women of the Bible: Tamar, Rahab, Ruth, and Bathsheba. After telling the stories of these ladies, I asked the crowd to make a judgement about each one but with one warning. Watch what you say because you may be talking about someones "Mama". The stories of these women are incredible and I encourage you to grab a Bible and read about them. But after you read their stories turn over to Matthew 1 and you will find something amazing about these ladies. Each are in the genealogy of Christ! Wow - God had a plan and He still has a plan to empower women to serve Him. This is great Hope! There are truly no perfect people in God's family. He has a plan for you. Let Him empower you with His grace. I hope that you will never be the same again. See you Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment