Monday, December 7, 2009

Praying for Missions

Michael Durham knows what it means to connect out to a world that God loves. Michael is moving to Guaimaca, Honduras this December 22 to work with Orphanage Emmanuel. It was great to pray for him Sunday as a church and to continue to pray for him as he goes. Michael said that he has never felt "so free". This 60 year old man was faced with a decision in what to do with his retirement years. He said "I feel God has more for me to do than to join all the other retirees at Hardees or on the golf course". This type of talk sounds so crazy in our culture today. We feel so many times that we deserve to "get" something when we turn 60 but Michael desires to "give" something - His life. Michael said "There are a lot of things that I can not do in this world, but one thing I can do is love children and be a dad to teenagers". I am challenged by this man to fix my eyes, especially at Christmas, on things that matter. "For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son". What am I giving this Christmas. Will I be willing to give God my life?
You can get updates on Michael Durham on facebook or email mdurham60@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment